Basic workout plan
Workout provided by Ethan Townsend, Miramont Lifestyle Fitness personal trainer
Make sure to lift every major muscle group in the body
- Frequency: 3X a week (M,W,F)
- Breakdown: Alternate upper and lower body workouts
- Week 1 = M: Upper body, W: Lower body, F: Upper Body
- Week 2 = M: Lower body, W: Upper body, F: Lower body etc.
- Sets: 2-3 per lift
- Reps: 4-8 per set for power, 12-15 per set for tone
- Lifts: 1-3 per muscle group
- Rest: 30-90 seconds in between sets and 2min in between lifts of the same muscle group.
- Change lifts that you are doing every 6 weeks to prevent plateau
Complete cardio in between lifting days
- Frequency: 3X a week
- Breakdown: 30–90 min sustained
- Intensity: start where you can comfortably exercise for 30 min and gradually increase intensity
- Week 1
- Day 1 (T): Run at 6mph for 30min
- Day 2 (TR): Run at 6mph for 35 min
- Day 3 (S): Run at 6mph for 40 min
- Week 2
- Day 1 (T): Run at 6.2 mph for 30 min
- Day 2 (TR) : Run at 6.2 mph for 35 min
- Day 3 (S): Run at 6.2 mph for 40 min
Example: Basic Lifting
Example: Basic Cardio
Run: 6.0 mph for 30 min
Run: 6.0 mph for 35 min
Run: 6.0 mph for 40 min
Use this as a template and focus on doing what you can when you begin your program.
It is best to keep the same layout but change exercises every 4 weeks.
This is INTENSE, don’t try to do everything the first time, work up to it.
This workout has been provided by Certified Personal Trainer Ethan Townsend. If you are new to exercise, please consult your physician before beginning any regimen.