What is the Cancer Wellness Membership at Miramont Lifestyle Fitness?
Sore muscles from a hard leg day workout is nothing compared to the challenges that people living with cancer face daily. Miramont Lifestyle Fitness wants to do what we can to ease the challenges of fighting cancer by offering a complimentary membership to those recently diagnosed with cancer, going through treatment, or who have undergone treatment in the past two years. You don’t fight cancer without support, so this free membership offer also extends to one of your biggest cheerleader.
Exercise as Medicine
At Miramont, we believe that exercise can be some of the best medicine – especially for people living with cancer. Research from the National Cancer Institute indicates that, “physical activity may have beneficial effects for several aspects of cancer survivorship–specifically, weight gain, quality of life, cancer recurrence or progression, and prognosis (likelihood of survival).”
The American Cancer Society also highly recommends physical activity when undergoing cancer treatment. Benefits include improved blood flow (which reduces risk of blood clots), reduced risk of heart disease, less nausea, lower risk of being anxious or depressed, and lessened symptoms of fatigue. All in all, staying active throughout your battle with cancer will improve your quality of life!
At Miramont, we want you to feel comfortable and confident exercising, regain strength, and become part of a great active community.
Cancer Welness Membership includes
- Access to all four Miramont Lifestyle Fitness facilities for six months
- Access to all four facilities for one friend/ family member for six months
- Two introductory fitness consultations with a wellness professional
- Member rates for Miramont Lifestyle Fitness services
In addition to these benefits, we also offer additional programs to help you feel safe exercising. Our top recommendation for new members facing a cancer diagnosis is to join our p.r.e.p. program before enrolling in their Cancer Wellness Membership.
Why p.r.e.p. with my Cancer Wellness Membership?
p.r.e.p. is a 60-day physician-referred exercise program that will introduce you to exercise through meetings with physiologists and fitness professionals on a weekly basis. p.r.e.p. provides pre- and post-body composition testing, biometric testing (blood pressure and heart rate) and a well-being questionnaire. It also designs an exercise program that best fits each participant’s current fitness level and limitations. It is perfect for people prior to getting the Cancer Wellness Membership to develop a consistent and monitored exercise routine and feel comfortable in a club environment. Once their p.r.e.p. membership is completed (60 days), members can easily transition into the Cancer Wellness Membership with a plan in place.
How do I get started?
- Receive a note from your physician that prescribes a “Cancer Wellness Membership” (or p.r.e.p.)
- Bring the prescription to any of our four Miramont Lifestyle Fitness Please bring your friend/ family member that you would like to add to your membership.
- At the front desk, ask to speak with a Membership Advisor.
- A Membership Advisor can help you with any questions you have about your membership.
- Once you are in our system, you can come into the facilities as much as you like!
For questions about our Cancer Wellness Membership, please contact Stacy Gavin at 970.672.4257 or email@example.com.